With all the difficulties in life, sources of inspiration sparks joy and hope. The CEO of Zappos, Tony Hsieh shared seven motivational tips that everyone can relate to.
- Advertisement -
Tony Hsieh served as the CEO of Zappos and now retired at the age of forty-six years old. He joined Zappos few years after he graduated from Harvard University, the company was formerly known as ShoeSite.com. In 2009, Zappos was sold to Amazon for $1.9 billion.
Ecommerce industry back then was not as huge, people are afraid to purchase shoes online. According to Hsieh, they assure that they provide a better customer experience and provide them free shipping.
“Even though free shipping of both orders and returns has cost us more, it has enabled us to keep our customers longer,” Hsieh said.
At present, Zappos does not only offer shoes. It sells handbags and apparel and even housewares and pots and pans. Hsieh stated that Zappos does not focus only on selling shoes but delivering the best customer experience.
- Advertisement -
Here are the top seven motivational quotes that Tony Hsieh shared:
- “There’s a big difference between motivation and inspiration: Inspire through values and motivation takes care of itself.”
- “Have fun. The game is a lot more enjoyable when you’re trying to do more than just make money.”
- “For individuals, the character is destiny. For organizations, culture is destiny. ”
- “Our belief is that if you get the culture right, most of the other stuff, like great customer service or building a great long-term brand or empowering passionate employees and customers will happen on its own.”
- “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.”
- “People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said but they always remember how you made them feel, that’s what matters the most.”
- “If anyone’s ever interacted with an alpaca, you know you just can’t help but laugh.”